Singapore REIT data
REIT data including dividend yields, share price, price-to-book and debt-to-assets
This page gives your a summary of important metrics for the Singapore REIT sector, namely dividend yields, price-to-book values and debt to assets.
There are a total of 38 REITs in the Singapore market (excluding Eagle Hospitality Trust).
Dividend yields are important because it gives income investors an idea of how much their investment can yield per year/month. A higher value is usually better, but not always the csae.
Price-to-book values is important because it gives investors an idea of whether the REIT is under or over-valued. Generally, values under 1 indicate the REIT is under-valued, while values above 1 indicate the REIT is over-valued. However, this is not always the case, as under-valued REITs could be structurally challenged, resulting in the price-to-book value below 1. Whereas REITs that have a strong outlook (but not yet overpriced) could have a price-to-book value above 1.
Debt to assets is important because it gives investors an idea of whether the REIT has taken on too much debt. Regulation requires that REITs do not exceed 50% of debt to assets.
Exclusively for subscribers
This page provides just a snippet of the vast amount of Singapore REIT information available.
Exclusively for subscribers, we have a newsletter that is sent out multiple times a month that has more information to help you make a more informed REIT investment decision.
The newsletter includes everything on this page plus the following additions.
Additional REIT metrics
- Revenue and historical growth
- Net income and historical growth
- Profit margins
- Analyst ratings and target prices
- Return on equity and return on asset ratios
These additional REIT metrics are important because purely buying a REIT based on a high dividend yield or low price-to-book could lead to you falling into the value trap. At the same time, buying a REIT with a low debt to asset ratio could mean the REIT is not efficiently using the available debt headroom it has.
Many metrics need to be looked at in totality to make an informed REIT investment decision.
To shortcut your REIT investing journey, PropertyInvestSG provides recommendations and starter REITs to add to your portfolio no matter your level of sophistication.
- For starters: 5 REITs to have in your portfolio if you've never bought any REITs before
- Best buys of the month: 2 new REIT picks each month
- Top 10 REITs with the highest/ best analyst ratings to add to your portfolio
- Access to an exclusive stocks, REIT and property investing community that can answer your queries and remove your doubts about REIT investing
- Regular virtual sessions with actual REIT managers, buy-side investors, hedge fund managers, sell-side analysts, research professionals and more
- Emails to subscribers will be sent out twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays a few hours after market close (GMT+8 time).
Metrics for overall and each REIT sector
- Average yield: 5.6%
- Average price-to-book (PB): 0.98
- Average debt to assets: 37.1%
- Consists of CapitaLand Integrated Commercial Trust, Cromwell European REIT, Mapletree North Asia Commercial Trust and Suntec REIT
- Average yield: 6.0%
- Average price-to-book:0.87
- Average debt to assets: 40%
- Consists of Elite Commercial REIT, IREIT Global, Keppel Pacific Oak US REIT, Keppel REIT, Lendlease Global Commercial REIT, Manulife US REIT, OUE Commercial REIT, Prime US REIT
- Average yield: 6.6%
- Average price-to-book: 0.90
- Average debt to assets: 36.1%
- Consists of BHG Retail REIT, CapitaLand China Trust, Frasers Centrepoint Trust, Lippo Malls Indo Retail Trust, Mapletree Commercial Trust, Sasseur REIT, SPH REIT, Starhill Global REIT, United Hampshire REIT
- Average yield: 5.6%
- Average price-to-book: 0.83
- Average debt to assets: 33.5%
Industrial/ logistics REITs
- Consists of AIMS APAC REIT, ARA Logos Logistics Trust, Ascendas REIT, EC World REIT, ESR REIT, Frasers Logistics and Commercial Trust, Mapletree Industrial Trust, Mapletree Logistics Trust, Sabana Shariah REIT
- Average yield: 6.0%
- Average price-to-book: 1.15
- Average debt to assets: 37.9%
- Consists of ARA US Hospitality Trust, Ascott REIT, CDL Hospitality Trust, Far East Hospitality Trust, Frasers Hospitality Trust
- Average yield: 2.9%
- Average price-to-book: 0.78
- Average debt to assets: 42.3%
- Consists of Keppel DC REIT
- Average yield: 4.1%
- Average price-to-book: 1.96
- Average debt to assets: 36.2%
List of all Singapore REITs
|Company Name||Share price||Price-to-book||Dividend yield||Debt-to-asset ratio|
|AIMS APAC REIT (SGX:O5RU)||1.40||1.00||6.9%||28.5%|
|ARA LOGOS Logistics Trust (SGX:K2LU)||0.90||1.20||4.4%||43.1%|
|ARA US Hospitality Trust (SGX:XZL)||0.48||0.78||0.0%||50.7%|
|Ascendas Real Estate Investment Trust (SGX:A17U)||2.99||1.28||5.0%||39.4%|
|Ascott Residence Trust (SGX:HMN)||1.00||0.76||4.0%||38.0%|
|BHG Retail REIT (SGX:BMGU)||0.52||0.58||4.2%||29.0%|
|CapitaLand China Trust (SGX:AU8U)||1.19||0.73||6.4%||34.3%|
|CapitaLand Integrated Commercial Trust (SGX:C38U)||2.14||1.04||5.1%||38.8%|
|CDL Hospitality Trusts (SGX:J85)||1.13||0.87||4.1%||41.2%|
|Cromwell European Real Estate Investment Trust (SGX:CWBU)||2.53||1.01||6.8%||37.9%|
|EC World Real Estate Investment Trust (SGX:BWCU)||0.82||0.86||7.5%||38.0%|
|Elite Commercial REIT (SGX:MXNU)||0.66||1.06||7.8%||41.9%|
|Far East Hospitality Trust (SGX:Q5T)||0.59||0.74||4.2%||38.9%|
|First Real Estate Investment Trust (SGX:AW9U)||0.30||0.76||10.7%||34.3%|
|Frasers Centrepoint Trust (SGX:J69U)||2.31||1.00||5.2%||30.7%|
|Frasers Hospitality Trust (SGX:ACV)||0.48||0.74||2.1%||42.6%|
|Frasers Logistics & Commercial Trust (SGX:BUOU)||1.48||1.19||5.2%||34.9%|
|IREIT Global (SGX:UD1U)||0.64||0.80||4.4%||33.0%|
|Keppel DC REIT (SGX:AJBU)||2.37||1.96||4.1%||36.2%|
|Keppel Pacific Oak US REIT (SGX:CMOU)||0.79||0.96||8.0%||37.8%|
|Keppel REIT (SGX:K71U)||1.11||0.80||5.3%||32.8%|
|Lendlease Global Commercial REIT (SGX:JYEU)||0.87||0.89||5.4%||31.5%|
|Lippo Malls Indonesia Retail Trust (SGX:D5IU)||0.05||0.41||5.6%||41.8%|
|Manulife US Real Estate Investment Trust (SGX:BTOU)||0.71||1.00||7.5%||42.4%|
|Mapletree Commercial Trust (SGX:N2IU)||2.09||1.21||4.6%||33.8%|
|Mapletree Industrial Trust (SGX:ME8U)||2.68||1.41||5.0%||35.9%|
|Mapletree Logistics Trust (SGX:M44U)||1.91||1.34||4.5%||38.5%|
|Mapletree North Asia Commercial Trust (SGX:RW0U)||1.01||0.76||6.7%||40.8%|
|OUE Commercial Real Estate Investment Trust (SGX:TS0U)||0.45||0.76||6.0%||34.3%|
|Parkway Life Real Estate Investment Trust (SGX:C2PU)||5.00||2.11||2.8%||34.8%|
|Prime US REIT (SGX:OXMU)||0.83||0.96||8.2%||35.1%|
|Sabana Industrial Real Estate Investment Trust (SGX:M1GU)||0.44||0.83||8.7%||40.1%|
|Sasseur Real Estate Investment Trust (SGX:CRPU)||0.89||0.94||8.0%||26.7%|
|SPH REIT (SGX:SK6U)||1.01||0.99||5.3%||30.6%|
|Starhill Global Real Estate Investment Trust (SGX:P40U)||0.65||0.76||6.1%||36.2%|
|Suntec Real Estate Investment Trust (SGX:T82U)||1.51||0.69||5.5%||42.6%|
|United Hampshire US Real Estate Investment Trust (SGX:ODBU)||0.67||0.89||4.6%||38.8%|
Source: Capital IQ, Bloomberg, Company announcements
Share price are in Singapore dollars
PB refers to price-to-book value
Dividend yield is calculated as the sum of the last 4 financial quarters divided by latest share price.
Debt to assets is calculated as the total debt divided by total assets on the balance sheet. The number is similar but may differ slightly from what is reported by each REIT.
Updated: 29 Nov 2021